recallreed blog

This blog is established to recall Washington State Secretary of State Sam Reed for failure to perform his duty. You may comment and submit information on-line. If you would like to help, contact Linda Jordan, State Coordinator, at recall@comcast.net. People are encouraged to download, print and share the petition text with others but petitions for signature gathering can not be printed until the Attorney General writes the ballot synopsis and the sufficiency of the charges are upheld in Court.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Dino Rossi Does NOT Support Recalling Secretary of State Sam Reed

http://josef-a-k.blogspot.com/2005_01_09_josef-a-k_archive.html

Gov'r-ELECT Rossi Does NOT Support Recalling SecState Sam Reed

Important Recall Secretary of State Sam Reed Update:

Several times on TV and radio - including FOX NEWS Hannity and Colmes (I'll post the transcript when I can get it) and now KING 5's Up Front With Robert Mak, Governor-Elect Dino Rossi has said HERE (WMV) that, "I don't support that effort... I think it's even more difficult than a revote." Moreover, he said in that extended interview with Mr. Mak that'll be aired this weekend, have I agreed with him on everything? No. I have not agreed with him on everything but I think Sam is going to, you know, going to do his job to the best of his ability and with the information he has. Sam Reed's not the issue in this. The issue is to solve the problems that we have with our process, get a legitimate governor by having a revote and restoring the faith of the voters of the State of Washington in the process.

Now, I don't want you to get the impression I am some drone or automaton, but if the Gov'r-Elect isn't going to support this recall and says "Sam Reed's not the issue in this" - then it's DOA. Very unlikely to have a fighting chance.

The WMV also discusses some other issues - such as Gov'r-Elect Rossi's desire to fight, future political plans and more.


http://josef-a-k.blogspot.com/2005/01/govr-elect-rossi-does-not-support.html#comments

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous said...

Thanks for the email alerting us to Rossi not supporting a sam reed recall. I agree it would be very hard to pull a recall effort off but that does not change the fact that Mr. Reed failed to do his duty as Secretary of State and I don't feel comfortable just letting it go. On the day he certified the election he is quoted as saying it was botched. Another time he said it was rife with "irregularities". I say it was rife with election law violations. He had every legal leg to stand on to NOT certify and indeed it was his duty to not certify.

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous said...

How can Rossi go to court to argue that the election had major election law violations and at the same time say that the guy in charge of enforcing election laws, sam reed, did his job? You can't. I think this statement could cause trouble for him. If I were the attorney against him I would argue "Why is he even here? He's stated that he thinks the Secretary of State did his job?"

At 1:25 PM, Josef K said...

To the latest Anon:

"Have I agreed with him on everything? No. I have not agreed with him on everything but I think Sam is going to, you know, going to do his job to the best of his ability and with the information he has."

Last night, Gov'r-elect Rossi said the real issue's King County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter