recallreed blog

This blog is established to recall Washington State Secretary of State Sam Reed for failure to perform his duty. You may comment and submit information on-line. If you would like to help, contact Linda Jordan, State Coordinator, at recall@comcast.net. People are encouraged to download, print and share the petition text with others but petitions for signature gathering can not be printed until the Attorney General writes the ballot synopsis and the sufficiency of the charges are upheld in Court.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sam Reed responds to Democrats' Motions

http://www.soundpolitics.com/

Secretary of State Sam Reed filed three responses in the Chelan County court case this week supporting the Republican position, or, more precisely, arguing that the Democrats' motions to dismiss the election contest are a load of rubbish.

In this response to the Democrats' motion to dismiss for improper venue, Secretary Reed argues that Chelan County is as proper a venue as any.

In this response to the Democrat's motion to dismiss causes for election contest, Secretary Reed argues that double votes and felon votes should count as illegal votes for the purpose of contesting an election, despite the Democrats' hilarious attempt to argue otherwise.

In this response to the Democrats' motion to strike the requested relief of a revote:

Secretary Reed respectfully submits that if the Court eventually concludes that the election results should be set aside, under the law, the voters, and not this Court or the Legislature, would select Washington’s governor.

Surely the Democrats will keep on writing their editorials and letters to the editors praising Reed for his independence and lack of partisanship.

Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at 11:24 PM


2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Josef said...

The drainage ditch we're digging for Swampy Reed seems to be working - sort of between the boulder/rock of WSRP support for the recall and the hard place of admitting problems with the election. My .02 anyway.

Make sure you see what the National Review has been saying about this today...

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The following is a letter sent to the Honorable Rob McKenna, Washington State Attorney General:

I would like to comment on several issues.

I am in support of the Recall of Sam Reed for the following reasons.

I am the victim of serious crimes perpetrated against me by one individual, a former business partner. I have an unusual order of protection valid through 2099, issued by two courts of competent jurisdiction in Washington.

I was denied the services of the Address Confidentiality Program because I am not a victim of domestic violence. I do know that the ACP program now allows for stalking victims, however in 2000 through 2002 when I was actively trying to get a law passed to stop discriminating against recipients, I learned that I was one of many WA residents denied help in this program.

I was forced to move in order to retain my right of franchise and have my address, which was sealed by the court, not placed on voter rolls.

Between 1993 and 2000 I had protected voting in Snohomish Co., but when I moved from Mill Creek to Granite Falls, Bob Terwiliger and Carlos Sullivan refused to allow me to have the protection in place for the prior years.

Sam Reed was in office at this time. I am not a felon.

I appreciate your efforts as a friend of the court in this recall effort, and I do hope you will consider this breech another abuse by Mr. Reed.

Secondly, I have a complaint that was ignored by Ms. Gregoire for several years involving abuses by the Professional licensing Board for Nursing involving fraud on their part and failure to act on a motion and order of default.

I am no longer a state employee and the State Auditor's office refused to take my complaint. Senator Schmidt, who was my representative, and Congressman Metcalf made great efforts to assist me to get my license re-instated.

The agency continues to act on fraud and prior to your election; the office stonewalled my efforts.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter as well. I am closely following the Revote effort and I appreciate Chris Vance's communications so I can keep up to date on this effort.

I am very sad to have had to move after 25 years of being an active citizen in WA. I did however get the law changed here so that any crime victim needing address protection can register to vote without condition.

I would also appreciate any help I might be able to receive to get a needed investigation into the crimes against me as ordered by Judge Ellen Fair, and ignored by King County.

Thank you for your consideration and understanding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter